Origin of BICS
- To inculcate Entrepreneurship among the students and Industrial Consultancy Services in different disciplines.
- In 1988 The Industrial Consultancy Unit was reorganized as the Bureau of Industrial Consultancy and Research and Development.
- In the year 2005 the Research and Development wing was separated and
it is presently called Bureau of Industrial Consultancy Services.
Annual turnover of BICS:
BICS is well recognized in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh and in the states around Telangana. The annual turnover of consultancy in the University is about 1.50 crore rupees. BICS is headed by a Director and assisted by Deputy Director,design assistants and technicians staff.
Objectives and Functions
- Human resource need analysis for industrial units
- Training programmes for industries / Departments
- Knowledge Updating for curriculum changes
- Utilize facilities and expertise available within the University for consultancy.
- To identify the opportunities for promoting entrepreneurship.
- Monitoring and co-ordination the projects of various agencies related to technology and management
- Developing inter disciplinary consultancy with orientation to field problems
- Involving all specialization students in consultancy
- Projecting consultancy opportunities to Electrical, Electronics, spatial technologies, bio technology, chemical Engineering, computer Science etc..
- Training to all professionals with current needs
STRUCTURE OF BICS
The BICS Comprises:
- Industrial Liaison Division
- Consultancy Services Division
- BICS is supported by the constituent Engineering Colleges in reference to knowledge transfer, technology transfer, training needs and supportive help for promoting consultancy activities
- Survey, architectural and structural design of projects:
- These include designs for bridges, subways, causeways, stadiums, multistoreyed buildings, and survey and contour plotting.
- Energy audit
- Environmental pollution control problems
- Development of data base and MIS
- Power distribution systems.
- Electrical power systems.
- Continuing education programmes.
- Non-conventional energy evaluation,
- Environmental impact assessment.
- Remote sensing applications.
- Software development for real time applications.
- Software for computer aided design (CAD)
- Mega city projects.
- Communication Tower for Police Dept at various places.
- Designed a Elevated Water Tank of 2 Lakh Gallons capacity
- Organised a two day workshop on Road Engineering for GHMC workers