Director of University Industry Interaction Centre & CPU
Dr. S. Tara Kalyani is presently a professor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Director of University Industry Interaction Centre (UIIC) & College Placement Umbrella (CPU). She is also a member of Executive Council of JNTUH. She joined JNTU as Associate Professor of EEE in 2003. She served the university as Controller of Examinations, Head of the Department, Deputy Director-ASC and Assistant Director-ASC, Officer I/C of Examinations, EEE – CCC coordinator for SCDE and Students’ Advisor. She has 15 years of research experience and 25 years of teaching experience. She guided six Ph. D scholars and two theses are under review. Her research areas include Flexible AC Transmission Systems, Power Electronics and Drives. She published more than 80 papers in national & international journals and conferences. She is a member of various professional bodies. She visited Singapore, London, Dubai & Malaysia for research presentations. She chaired two international conferences in abroad. She is a member of Academic Advisory Council of few Affiliated Engineering Colleges and BoS member of EEE for few autonomous colleges. She was co-convener for TSECET-2016.
1. M.B.A. (Gold Medal), Human Resource Management, School of Management Studies, JNTUH, Hyderabad (2016), Telangana, India.
2. Ph.D., Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS), Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering (2008), JNTUH, AP, India.
3. M.E., Industrial Drives and Control, Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering (1998), JNTUH, Hyderabad, AP, India.
4. B.E., Electrical and Electronics Engineering (1995), Osmania University, Hyderabad, AP India.
1. Professor, JNTUH - January 2011 - till date
2. Associate Professor, JNTUH - July 2003 – December 2010
3. Associate Lecturer, Govt. Polytechnic, Warangal – November,1996 – July 2003.
1. Director, University Industry Interaction Centre June 2021- till date
2. Controller of Examinations, Examination Branch, JNTUH, October 2016 – June 2021
3. Chairperson, EEE Board of Studies, JNTUHCEH, October 2014 - October 2016
4. HEAD, Department of EEE, JNTUHCEH, October 2014 - October 2016
5. Officer I/C Examinations, Nodal Centre-6 JNTU Examination branch, February, 2010 – August 2010.
6. Co-ordinator, School of Continuing Distance Education, JNTUH, November 2010 - November 2012.
7. Deputy Director, UGC-Academic Staff College, JNTUH, September 2009 – August 2010.
8. Assistant Director, UGC-Academic Staff College, JNTUH, October 2008- September 2009
1. University Gold Medal for MBA (PTPG) – 2016.
6 completed & 2 submitted
1. Member, Executive Council, JNTUH – February 2020 - till date
2. Co-convener, TSNPDCL Recruitment tests for Sub-Engineers, Asst. Engineers, Jr. Account Officers - notified in 2018
3. Co-convener, TSECET- 2016
4. Coordinator, TSECET- 2012
5. Coordinator, TSECET- 2011
6. General Secretary, JNTUH Teaching Staff Association, 2013 – 2015
Lead for the Third-party evaluation and technical support team for Project Management Unit (PMU) of Hyderabad Traffic Integrated Management Systems (HTRIMS) project for Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) and Department of Traffic – Sponsored by GHMC (Rs. 13.28 Lakhs).
1. Organized 17 refresher courses of 3-week duration, 5 orientation courses of 4-week duration and 6 short term courses for the Engineering College faculty as Assistant Director and Deputy Director of UGC – Academic Staff College, JNTUH, Hyderabad.
2. Organized several seminars/workshops/guest lectures as by inviting professors from country wide IITs, NITs and University Engineering colleges as Head of the Department.
3. As a Head of the department, formed an Industrial Advisory Committee in the department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering to improve institute industry interaction.
Session Chair & Keynote speaker at International Conferences
1. ‘Topologies of transformerless PV inverters’ at 4th IET Clean Energy and Technology Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Nov 14-15, 2016.
2. Session Chair at The 2016 International Conference of Electrical and Electronics Engineering in World Congress on Engineering 2016, London, U.K., 29 June-1July, 2016.
3. ‘Emerging Trends in Power Electronics and Drives’ at College of Engineering and computing, Alghurair University, Dubai, UAE, April 22-25, 2015.
4. Session Chair at Third International Conference on Emerging trends in Electrical, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Dubai, UAE, April24-25, 2015.
Research Paper presentations in other countries:
1. “NPC full bridge topology for transformerless PV Inverters with improved clamping branch”’ - 4th IET International Conference on Clean energy and Technology, November 2016, Malaysia.
2. “Comparison of Voltage Stability Indices and its Enhancement Using Distributed Generation”, World Congress on Engineering 2016 - Vol I - WCE 2016, June 29 - July 1, 2016, London, U.K.
3. “Evaluation of single phase transformerless photovoltaic inverters” International conference on Emerging trends in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, 24-25 April 2015, Dubai, UAE.
4. “Control and performance of UPFC connected to a transmission line”, at IEEE-PES International Power Engineering Conference (IPEC-07), Singapore, December 2007.
List of Research Publications
International Journals/Conferences: 86
Membership in Professional Organizations
1. Senior Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
1. 201841036399 A - SPARTAN 6A based online fuzzy & ANN estimators for temperature dependent parameters in feed forward vector controlled asynchronous drive.
London, Malaysia, Dubai-UAE, Singapore